The Longest Walk, 2017
A 100KM Walk & Nature Camp on the Longest Unbroken Natural Sand Beach of the World
Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh
18-20th March 2017
Cox’s Baazar is the longest unbroken natural sand beach in the world, a fact not known to most of the people of our country let alone the world. Just like we know that Everest is the highest peak in the world, Sahara is the largest desert in the world, Amazon is the largest forest in the world, this too should be a very well known fact. Instead of just speaking about it in different mediums, we think tagging this piece of valuable information with an event is going to have a greater impact. So, Thousand Miles Expeditions, Bangladesh in association with Base Camp, Bangladesh has decided to organize the annual event “The Longest Walk, 2017”.
The objective of this event is to promote Cox’s Bazaar as the longest unbroken natural sand beach of the world. For this purpose, participants will start from Laboni point of Cox’s Bazaar and walk till the end point of the beach at Teknaf. This journey will give the participants a sense of achievement that they have walked the longest unbroken natural sand beach of the world. Another agenda of this event is to promote nature conservation. Throughout the entire journey the participants along with the locals will take part in discussion sessions where we are going to talk about nature conservation, why they should not pollute their surrounding area and be more careful about the wildlife of the region, the impact of cutting down of trees and how all of this is going to have a very negative impact on their lives.
The event is organized by: Club TME
In association with: Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation & Bangladesh Tourism Board
Sponsored by: Gatson Battery and Alpha Battery
Supported by: Base Camp Bangladesh Ltd. & ZANALA Bangladesh Ltd.
Radio Partner of the event: Radio Foorti
Start and End point: Laboni Point To Shahporir Dip , Cox’s Bazaar (Approximately 100 KM walk in 3 days)
Last Date of registration: 12th March, 2017
Maximum Number of participants: 30
Event Date: 18th-20th March, 2017
For 100 KM & Nature Camp Participants: 17th March, 2017 (7 PM, Hotel Saibal, Cox’s Bazaar)
For 5 KM Walk Participants: 18th March, 2017 (9:00 AM, Laboni Point, Cox’s Bazaar)
The event has two types of participation option. One is 5KM participation to supporting the cause, the other is 100KM Walk & Nature Camp on the Longest Unbroken Natural Sand Beach of the World.
|Participation Type>>||5KM Walk||100KM Walk & Nature Camp|
|Participation Fee||FREE||Tk. 1900
For International Participants: $50
|Participation fee for Club TME Members||N/A||1500|
|Maximum Number of Participants||Unlimited||30|
|Unlimited Supply of Water||Yes||Yes|
|Accommodation in camp||No||3|
|Transport from Teknaf to Cox’s Bazar||NA||Yes|
* For international participants the fee is $50. For Bangladeshi participants it is BDT 1900.
We will NOT PROVIDE Dhaka- Cox’s Bazar- Dhaka tickets. Our participants have to manage the travel on their own.
Do’s and Don’ts (Please read carefully)
- Everyone must follow the team leader’s instructions. We must help other participants if anyone requires it.
- We must have respect for every religion and culture.
- We are like a family. We must be respectful towards each other, use decent language and be humble.
- Help us keep the camp area clean, please do not litter.
- Please don’t harm the plants and all other living things in the surrounding environment.
- Public display of affection is strictly prohibited.
- We must keep our belongings safely with us.
- Smoking is discouraged.
- Strictly discouraged to take part if anyone has: Pregnancy, Acute Arthritis, Asthma, Heart conditions, Recently had gone through major surgery.
- We must refrain from taking anything with us that might be harmful for health.
- All sorts of political discussions are prohibited. But we can always have a conversation that is about the betterment of our country.
- We must do everything to protect the environment and nature.
- We must be polite and gentle with the local community and try to create good relationship with them.
- If any of us has any special requirements we should talk to the organizers before hand.
- We must know every detail of the event by talking with the organizers.
- We will strictly maintain our timeline. It is advised to be on time in every activities.
- We must make sure we are physically fit to take part in this event. It is strongly recommend to practice as soon as someone has decided to be part of it.
- We should try to use old and used Keds/Boots to avoid blisters.
- It is not allowed to publish anyone’s picture without permission.
- We must cater to every need as a family and with sincerity.
- Club TME reserves the right to accept and deny any registration.
- Personal medication must be kept as own responsibility. If someone has any kind of illness they must inform the team leader beforehand.
- We must not wear t-shirt or cap that carries any sort of advertisement.
- Thousand Miles Expeditions, Bangladesh in coordination with Base Camp Bangladesh Ltd and local administration will take all the necessary steps for security and safety of the travel. However everyone is advised to take necessary measures.
- And most importantly, we must enjoy every bit of the journey
Special notes for International Participants
- Please let us know beforehand if you need any support with hotel booking and transportation.
- Please check on local weather information before coming to Bangladesh.
- A scanned copy of your passport must be mailed to us before your registration to the event is confirmed.
For more information please contact:
Farhan Intisar Ahmed
Coordinator, Club TME
Mobile: +8801995333444, +8801995333222
(An initiative and registered trademark of Base Camp Bangladesh Ltd.)